Share This Article
“I always believe in loving yourself before you could love other people. To me, self-love is all about being grateful of able to do things that I love. It could be as small as having a good cup of coffee (yes, coffee first!) or as big as stepping into a new phase in life.” – Eggie
1. Share with us a brief introduction of yourself such as where did you grow up, where are you from, what do you do for a living? Etc.
Hey yo! I am Eggie. A pure PJ folk, with a touch of Thai influence (Thai mixed). What do I do for a living? I analyze, I communicate, and I write. Yes, I am a credit analyst, working in a foreign bank by profession.
2. What do you enjoy doing during your free time? Interests/hobbies?
I enjoy lifting heavy things like barbells, I enjoy baking yummy goodies to share with my family and friends. I also enjoy having a good cup of coffee.
3. What are the three things that keep you going in life?
Things that keep me going in my life are simple! For instance, happiness, gratitude, and knowledge. Gratitude and happiness come hand in hand. When you practice gratitude, you will have the ability to feel happiness from just anything. As for knowledge, it is power, to me. I can accept myself from not knowing but I am unable to accept myself from not willing to learn.
4. We see you’re also a content creator! Could you share your journey as a content creator as well?
Frankly speaking, being a content creator is really tough these days as there are emerging younger and “cheaper” “influencers” in the industry. Thus, I always ensure things that I shared are things that I am interested in.
5. Let’s talk about fitness! Have you always been into fitness? How did you start your fitness journey? In other words, how does fitness impact you?
Do you believe I started my fitness journey due to self-ego? Years ago, I was often mocked for not being toned, with flabby arms and thighs. Since then, I started my fitness journey by trying different workout styles, with intention of finding suitable ones. Here I am, I am proud to say fitness is now part of my lifestyle.
6. Do you have a favourite workout routine? If yes, do share with us!
I do not have a favourite workout routine, but I do have a favourite workout style. I always start my workout routine with something that requires more strength or more technical like Power Clean, Power Snatch or etc, and continue with the conditioning routine.
7. If you could share a tip or two about what motivates you to work out, what are they?
Being active is part of my lifestyle. I enjoy doing anything that keeps me active. Thus, I always maintain a balanced mix of workouts, from Yoga to Weightlifting or Martial Arts.
8. In your own words, what is self-love to you? How do you practice self-love?
I always believe in loving yourself before you could love other people. To me, self-love is all about being grateful of able to do things that I love. It could be as small as having a good cup of coffee (yes, coffee first!) or as big as stepping into a new phase in life.
9. What is the best life advice you have for our readers who are on their fitness journey or trying to live a healthier, happier lifestyle?
Enjoy every single moment in life, including your fitness journey. Starts small and be consistent. Slowly but surely. Remember, different people enjoy different things, do not compare yourself with others.
We hope Eggie’s story has inspired you the way it inspires us, to enjoy your life to the fullest and practise gratitude as well as happiness.
Do you have your own story to tell? Drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eggie’s Instagram: @eggieyeen_fitness